Hennessey Performance Engineering is set to debut the company’s limited edition, Corvette ZR1 inspired, 2010 HPE700 LS9 Camaro at this years SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Powered by Hennessey’s tweaked LS9 engine, the supercharged HPE700 Camaro cranks out 725 bhp and 741 lb-ft of torque twist. 0 to 60 mph is achieved in just 3.5 seconds.
The HPE700 LS9 Camaro is able to whoa as well as it can go with massive 15 inch Brembo brakes with 6-piston calipers in front and 4-piston calipers in rear. Ride quality and handling are also improved with the addition of KW Variant 3 coilover suspension with upgraded sway bars. Combined with Hennessey’s own light weight 3-piece 20 inch wheels shod with Michelin PS2 tires, the HPE700 Camaro is capable of generating 1.01 g on a 200 ft. skidpad. Rounding out the package is the ZR1-inspired Cam-Aero ™ carbon fiber body upgrades consisting of a front splitter, side skirts and rear bumper with diffuser.
Production has been limited to just 24 examples. “This may be one of the most special vehicles our company has ever built”, said company founder and president, John Hennessey. “Time will tell, but I would venture to say that the 2010 HPE700 LS9 Camaro may go down in history as one of the most significant modern muscle cars ever built”.
Cost for the HPE700 LS9 Camaro is $119,500 which includes one day of driving instruction at Hennessey’s Lonestar Motorsports Park race track facility.
About Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE)
HPE has been making fast cars go faster since 1991. Founded by John and Hope Hennessey, the company now operates from it’s 30,000 square foot workshop and showroom facility situated on 143 acres near Sealy, Texas (about 45 minutes west of Houston). HPE offers a wide variety of dyno proven, track tested parts and upgrades for a variety of modern performance vehicles. HPE is also the only tuner in North America that has its own private test track – Lonestar Motorsports Park.
2010 Hennessey HPE700 LS9 Camaro Specifications
• 725 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
• 741 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
• 0 – 60 mph: 3.5 sec.
• 1/4 mile: 11.3 @ 126 mph
• Skidpad: 1.01 g
• 60 – 0 mph braking: 104 ft.
2010 HPE700 Camaro Includes:
• Base 2010 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission
• Your Choice of Exterior Factory Colors: Cyber Gray Metallic, Aqua Blue Metallic, Inferno Orange Metallic, Imperial Blue Metallic and Red Jewel Tint Coat
• LS9 6.2 Litre Supercharged Engine with Intercooler
• Mobil 1 Oil & Filter
• Cam-Aero ™ Body Components: Front Spoiler, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
• Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
• HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
• HPE Race Shift Knob and Shifter Upgrade
• HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
• 20 x 11 inch (rear); 20 x 10 inch (front)
• Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Tires, 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
• Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 14 inch Light Weight Rotors
• KW / HPE Variant 3 Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension Upgrade
• KW / HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
• Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
• Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
• Limited Edition HPE700 Dash Plaque & Hood Plaque
• HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
• Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
• HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park – a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey’s 30,000 square foot production facility and showroom.
• Connolly Leather Interior with Custom Colors
• 850 hp Twin Turbo Upgrade
• 1000 hp Twin Turbo Upgrade
Source: Hennessey Performance Engineering