This weekend the world’s most beautiful cars from past years gathered together with today’s latest concept cars to fill the grounds of the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este and Villa Erba in Cernobbio on Lake Como. The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este is ranked as one of the world’s most tradition-rich events of its kind.
Celebrating 80 years since the production of their very first automobile, BMW will bring a few very special guests to this year’s Concorso, including the BMW 303, the first Bavarian car to sport the kidney-shaped radiator grille, and the all-new BMW Z4. Also among the beauty pageant contestants will be the 1969 BMW 2800 Spicup Coupé, a concept vehicle first unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 40 years ago.
The event is divided into the following classes:
- Class A: Pre-War Open Cars
- Class B: Pre-War Closed Cars
- Class C: Pre-War Sport Cars
- Class D: International Prestige Closed
- Class E: Modena’s Thoroughbreds
- Class F: International Prestige Open
- Class G: Racing cars from the early Fifties
- Class H: Italian style becomes international
- Concept Cars and Prototypes
- Best of show
Below are the entries from the Concept Cars and Prototypes class.