The Gordini name returns with the introduction of the Twingo Gordini Renaultsport. This latest version of Renault’s pocket rocket takes a fresh stance on the design cues long-associated with the Gordini world.
Just as before, the combination of French blue, white racing stripes and stylish, quilted leather upholstery forms an integral part of the package -but with a distinctly modern touch.
The latest Renault hot hatch will appeal to customers looking for a distinctive car with an assertive character, exuding an unmistakably French feel – a fitting tribute to everything for which the Gordini signature stands.
Twingo Gordini Renaultsport is premiered until 10 January 2010, at the Atelier Renault on the Champs-Elysées, in Paris, as part of the prestigious showroom’s ‘Christmas in Blue’ exhibition. It will go on sale across Europe from March 2010.
GORDINI ‘LOOK’ SALUTES RICH HERITAGE
Twingo Gordini Renaultsport features a gleaming Malta Blue metallic finish, plus two white racing stripes, in keeping with tradition. The front and rear bumpers are enhanced by gloss black centre sections, while the fog lamp surrounds, exterior door mirror housings and rear tailgate spoiler are all picked out in a contrasting white finish.
‘Gordini Series’ badging either side refers back to the 1960’s heyday of the Gordini Cup in France when the qualifying heats of the different race meetings were known as séries.
This exclusive exterior styling package is rounded off by 17-inch alloy wheels with a polished face and a choice of the inner rim finished in either blue or black.
The same Gordini spirit continues inside thanks to:
- Renaultsport seats with extra lateral support, with blue and black Gordini-embossed leather upholstery
- blue leather door panel inserts
- blue and black leather-covered steering wheel with two white stripes to indicate the centre point
- blue gearlever gaiter and Gordini-badged gearlever knob
- blue rev-counter with white surround
- leather-trimmed dashboard cowl
TWINGO GORDINI RENAULTSPORT: BACKED BY RENAULT SPORT TECHNOLOGIES
To ensure that it befits Gordini’s glorious motor sport heritage, the latest addition to the Twingo range is based on the same performance/equipment package as the Renaultsport 133 version:
- ‘Sport’ chassis with 17-inch wheels for outstanding road-holding that is equally suited to everyday motoring
- a feisty, responsive 1.6-litre 133hp petrol engine with a distinctive, specially-tuned exhaust note under acceleration
- precise, incisive steering for even greater fun at the wheel
- powerful, durable braking performance
THE TWINGO SUCCESS STORY CONTINUES
Twingo continues to enjoy considerable success in the European A-segment, with sales between January and the end of October 2009 amounting to 140,700 cars, an increase of 20 per cent over 2008.
With 83,000 cars sold in France (an increase of 53 per cent over 2008), Twingo has emerged as the best-selling small city car for the second year running and accounts for almost one sale in three in the sector.
The Renaultsport versions of Twingo are the segment’s best-selling small sporting models and contribute to promoting Twingo’s dynamic image.
Twingo Gordini Renaultsport. is expected to win over customers looking for a sporty car with refined, distinctive styling. The newcomer combines the very best that the Twingo line-up has to offer with an indisputable Gordini flavour.
EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATED WITH CARS FROM HIGHER SEGMENTS
In addition to the existing, extensively-equipped Renaultsport version, Twingo Gordini Renaultsport features:
- Malta Blue or Pearlescent Black metallic paint
- 17-inch alloy wheels with polished face and black inner rim
- automatic climate-control
- automatic headlamp activation
- automatic wiper activation
- cruise control
- speed limiter
- fully disconnectable ESP
- 80W radio-CD with fingertip steering wheel-mounted remote control, MP3 playback and separate display
- RCA connectivity for personal music players (iPod, MP3)
- extra-tinted rear windows
- individual sliding rear seats for a boot capacity ranging from 285dm3 to 959dm3 (VDA).
- ‘Cup’ chassis (lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers)
- 17-inch alloy wheels with polished face and Malta blue inner rim
- Multi-functional TunePoint with hands-free Bluetooth® telephone kit
- curtain airbags
- electrically-operated panoramic sunroof
- Gordini key fob
- Gordini carpet mats