NASCAR star Dale Jr. is fan of vintage Camaros – he cruises around in a Pro Touring-style ’72 Camaro powered by a GM Performance Parts LS crate engine – and the heritage-inspired design of the 2010 Camaro appeals to him like a checkered flag at Daytona. His vision for the car was channeled to GM’s designers and crafted in a multi-color combination of style, capability and comfort.
They started with a new Camaro SS that uses the standard 6.2L V-8, but modified to use E85. Taking advantage of E85’s favorable octane rating, the engine was calibrated to deliver a few extra horsepower, with the exhaust exiting through GM Performance Parts’ new headers. It’s backed by the SS’s available six-speed manual transmission and GM Accessories’ short-throw Hurst shifter. Additional performance enhancements include a Brembo brake package and a lowered ride height, giving Dale Jr.’s Camaro a sleeker look to match its road-hugging capability.
A custom gray-over-white paint scheme blends the high-performance drivetrain with serious style. It is accented with an orange stripe separating the gray and white sections. Also generating attention on the exterior is a set of 21-inch, five-spoke wheels inspired by the Camaro Convertible Concept. They feature dark-painted center sections on the spokes that complement the body’s gray color. The wheels are wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero ZR-rated performance tires.
Additional exterior details include:
- Chevy Accessories grille
- Chevy Accessories ground effects and rear diffuser
- Chevy Accessories exhaust system
- Early Camaro-style “dovetail” rear spoiler
- Production high-intensity discharge headlamps
- Production RS taillamps
Similarly, the interior is outfitted for performance and style, including:
- Custom-trimmed leather-and-suede-covered seats with accent stitching
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel, shift knob, door armrests and center console lid, with accent stitching
- Carbon-fiber treatment on the instrument panel and door panel inserts
- Racing-style aluminum pedals
- Production-optional four-pack auxiliary gauge cluster
- Revised gauge cluster with unique graphics and colors
- Custom sill plates
- Dale Jr. also specified Chevy Accessories’ upgraded audio system for the Camaro, which is matched with a Boston Acoustics speaker system, including amps and subwoofers.
Source : Chevrolet Press
To download the images as desktop wallpapers, simply click on the images to enlarge and then right mouse click and use the “save image as” command to save to your machine.